My husband and I live on a small farm with our two young sons. We're always blessed with plenty of zucchini from our garden in summer, so I try lots of different zucchini recipes. This is one of my family's favorites. —Diane Banaszak, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, dill and pepper. Dip pork chops in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil. Top with onions; add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place zucchini over the onions. Sprinkle remaining cheese over zucchini. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Pork Chops with Zucchini in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Skillet Pork Chops with Zucchini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review