Skillet Pork Chops with Zucchini Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, dill and pepper. Dip pork chops in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil. Top with onions; add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place zucchini over the onions. Sprinkle remaining cheese over zucchini. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Skillet Pork Chops with Zucchini
Sort By :
I first tried this recipe a few years ago and it is definitely top notch. I use chicken broth instead of the water, and bring it up to one cup, so I can finish in the oven at 350. Amazing dish, always a hit.
Oh and I think I'd just leave the water completely out of it.
About half way through I realized this was going to be way too salty. 3 teaspoons??? I should have known better. I added a little more water to maybe cut some of the salt, but it didn't help and the texture of the chops was just horrible, kind of mushy. If I ever did this again I'd cut the salt down to 1 tsp and pound the flour mixture into the chops a little bit.
This taste as good as an entree from a good restaurant. It is delicious as is but I would cut back on the salt next time. Will definitely be making again since husband thought it was superb!!!!
Easy, not much watching. The chop was superb - both taste and tenderness. I'd cook the zucchini less; I'll try 15 minutes next time. I only had enough Parmesan for the chops, so I tossed some mozzarella on top at the end and stuck the cover back on for a few minutes - delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >