Meet the Cook: I created this recipe during a hot spell one summer. With the temperature in the 90's every day, I didn't want to turn on the oven. So I decided to make our favorite family pizza in a skillet instead!
Anyone who likes pizza, has kids or just wants a quick and simple meal would likely enjoy Skillet Pizza. It's great to take along to get-togethers, too - you can prepare it at home
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 12-in. electric or stove-top skillet. Prepare pizza crust
- according to package directions.
- Line bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of the skillet with dough.
- Combine tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and oregano; spread over
- dough. Layer pepperoni, onion, green pepper and olives over sauce;
- sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook over medium heat (set electric skillet to 375°)
- for 15 minutes or until crust is brown on bottom and cheese is
- melted. Slide out onto a cutting board and cut into wedges or
- squares. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 pizza (12 inches).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 slices) equals 438 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,139 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.