Meet the Cook: I created this recipe during a hot spell one summer. With the temperature in the 90's every day, I didn't want to turn on the oven. So I decided to make our favorite family pizza in a skillet instead! Anyone who likes pizza, has kids or just wants a quick and simple meal would likely enjoy Skillet Pizza. It's great to take along to get-togethers, too - you can prepare it at home, then just plug in the skillet when you arrive. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 12-in. electric or stove-top skillet. Prepare pizza crust according to package directions.
- Line bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of the skillet with dough. Combine tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and oregano; spread over dough. Layer pepperoni, onion, green pepper and olives over sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook over medium heat (set electric skillet to 375°) for 15 minutes or until crust is brown on bottom and cheese is melted. Slide out onto a cutting board and cut into wedges or squares. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 pizza (12 inches).
Originally published as Skillet Pizza in Country Woman January/February 1991, p31
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Skillet Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review