Skillet Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. Stir in the broth, water, tomato paste, seasonings and spaghetti. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup equals 414 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.