- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon each dried parsley flakes, oregano and basil
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the egg, cottage cheese, ricotta, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella and herbs.
- Drain pasta. Place half of sauce in a large skillet; layer with pasta and remaining sauce. Top with cheese mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Pasta Florentine
"This was a great work night meal. I added spinach to the sauce and garlic and onion powder to the ricotta. It was easy and fast. I will make this again for an easy fast meal that is also tasty!"
"Easy to make and very flavorful."
"I've made this many times. We enjoy this easy, delicous skillet meal."
"This dish is easy to make and so yummy. I have made it for several of my vegetarian friends after they had babies and they insisted on the recipe after they ate it. It is very flavorful and easy enough for a quick meal."
"So tasty!! Also good with Swiss chard instead of spinach.This makes too much for my family, so I cooked half, then froze the rest for later. I only cooked half the noodles but assembled everything else as directed. I divided the sauce, cheese and ricotta mixture in half, used half, then froze the remainder of each thing separately. On cooking day I thawed everything, cooked my noodles, and followed the recipe using my frozen sauces. Turned out great!"