“Here's a great weeknight supper that's budget-friendly, healthy and liked by children.” And with such a thick, cheesy topping, who'd ever guess that it's lighter? Kelly Turnbull - Jupiter, Florida
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon each dried parsley flakes, oregano and basil
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the egg, cottage cheese, ricotta, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella and herbs.
- Drain pasta. Place half of sauce in a large skillet; layer with pasta and remaining sauce. Top with cheese mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Pasta Florentine in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p53
Reviews for Skillet Pasta Florentine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review