- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the broth, water, tomato paste, seasonings and spaghetti. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Pasta
"Made this for dinner for my husband and I.i thought the beef broth taste was very overwhelming.i won't be making this again."
"Very good, not as fast as using jarred sauce, but it tastes ten times better. I doubled the recipe and added half a bay leaf and a can of drained diced tomatoes. The clear advantage here is using one pot to make the dish, a definite time saver. I like this and may abandoned jarred sauce altogether."
"Very good recipe. Will make again. Didnt add the mushrooms"
"My husband and grandkids loved it. I had to email to the other Grandma. Will definitely make again."
"This is a very good recipe! I would recommend adding a bit more beef broth so it is not so thick - maybe 1 1/2 cups. Also, you may need to stir it while it's simmering occasionally!"