Skillet Ole Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, turkey, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, rice and chili powder. Cook for 10 minutes; sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 268 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.