Skillet Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed saltines (about 40 crackers)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional ketchup and mustard, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add saltines, onion, celery and carrot. Add beef and mix well. Pat into a 10-in. nonstick skillet. Top with ketchup and mustard if desired.
- 2. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 15-20 minutes longer or until mat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 276 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 573 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Meat Loaf
"Making this tonight. Have made many years ago and it was really good, and does not heat up the house on a hot summer day!!"
"This has been my go to meatloaf for years. Everybody asks for the recipe when they try it for the first time even my mother-in-law and that said a lot. I change up the type of mustard and glaze I put on top and increase the ingredients. The cook time definitely needs to be increased too. Great tasting."
"This was not good very good, really kind of bland and the celery and carrots made it really weird. I'll stick to regular meatloaf"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.