Skillet Meat Loaf
Meat loaf cooks in less than half an hour? It's true--with Becky Bolte's speedy stovetop recipe. "This is the best and fastest meat loaf I've ever tasted," she assures from Jewell, Kansas. The moist, mild slices are great served with mashed potatoes.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed saltines (about 40 crackers)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional ketchup and mustard, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add saltines,
- onion, celery and carrot. Add beef and mix well. Pat into a 10-in.
- nonstick skillet. Top with ketchup and mustard if desired.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low;
- cover and cook 15-20 minutes longer or until mat is no longer pink
- and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Let stand a few
- minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 276 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 573 mg sodium,