Skillet Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed saltines (about 40 crackers)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Additional ketchup and mustard, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add saltines, onion, celery and carrot. Add beef and mix well. Pat into a 10-in. nonstick skillet. Top with ketchup and mustard if desired.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 15-20 minutes longer or until mat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Meat Loaf in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p54
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Skillet Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2011
"This was not good very good, really kind of bland and the celery and carrots made it really weird. I'll stick to regular meatloaf"