Skillet Meat Loaf Recipe
Meat loaf cooks in less than half an hour? It's true--with Becky Bolte's speedy stovetop recipe. "This is the best and fastest meat loaf I've ever tasted," she assures from Jewell, Kansas. The moist, mild slices are great served with mashed potatoes.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed saltines (about 40 crackers)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional ketchup and mustard, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add saltines, onion, celery and carrot. Add beef and mix well. Pat into a 10-in. nonstick skillet. Top with ketchup and mustard if desired.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 15-20 minutes longer or until mat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Meat Loaf in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p54
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Skillet Meat Loaf(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2011
This was not good very good, really kind of bland and the celery and carrots made it really weird. I'll stick to regular meatloaf
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >