- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese mixture. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Mac & Cheese
"This is how I have always made mine except I use whatever milk I have on hand. Add a half (or whole) can of Rotel tomatoes with green chile if you like a little heat. It is amazing."
"This is pretty much how I make my mac and cheese. I use both Velveeta and cheddar. YUM!"
"This recipe is already a family staple. I wouldn't change a thing. It amazing how many people's comments got off-topic. If you have never had a recipe, don't comment on it. If you think it's not a healthy recipe, don't comment on it. No one needs your advice on how to eat. As many have said, this is a treat. Not an every day dish. EVERYTHING in moderation. Yes. I WOULD give it to my kids. Food is to enjoyed. Not feared."
"Very good, I used shredded cheese not velveeta though. It was delicious."
"I use this when i crave some comfort food but i also cut up strips of bacon and cook that in the oven so i can stir it in with the macaroni ;)"