Skillet Mac & Cheese Recipe
You could use salt and pepper to taste, but we don't feel it needs it. This is so simple it seems almost too easy! But you'll love it and fix it often. —Ann Bowers, Rockport, Texas
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese mixture. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Mac & Cheese in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p14
Reviews for Skillet Mac & Cheese(81)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2014
My boys love this!
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2014
Although its simple and the kids love it,still uses processed cheese.
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2014
Nice and easy, great recipe. My whole family liked it.
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2014
This is such a fantastic mac & cheese. It is easy and delicious. No changes needed at all!
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2013
More Recipe Collections
- Birthday Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >