- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese mixture. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Mac & Cheese
Sort By :
"Easy and delicious! Definitely a keeper and no more box Mac and Cheese. What matters most is that my kids and I loved it!"
"Excellent!! I didn't have enough Velveeta so I substituted Laughing Cow White Cheddar wedges and some shredded cheddar and mozzarella. I also used Fat Free half&half. Amazing!!"
"My girls absolutely loved it. Done with boxed mac and cheese."
"My boys love this!"
"Although its simple and the kids love it,still uses processed cheese."