- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese mixture. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Mac & Cheese
Sort By :
"LOVED IT!!!! This is just the recipe we were looking for!! Will fix over and over!!! Thank you for the great recipe!!!"
"Delicious and creamy! My first attempt at homemade mac n cheese and it was a success!"
"All the reviews are great, but the flour ruined the sauce for me. I'd definitely recommend no flour! So, it turned out bad for me, but I want to try again without flour to see if it's as delicious as the reviews say!"
"I loved how quickly this came together. Next time I make it I might add ham or bacon."
"This isn't my favorite mac and cheese, but it is pretty good. Very, very creamy and my family raved about it."