Skillet Mac & Cheese Recipe
You could use salt and pepper to taste, but we don't feel it needs it. This is so simple it seems almost too easy! You'll love it and want to fix it often. Kids really go for the rich cheesy flavor. —Ann Bowers, Rockport, Texas
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- 3. Drain macaroni; add to cheese mixture. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 599 calories, 37 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 1,163 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC