- 1 package Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 3-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) elbow macaroni (or favorite small pasta)
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces sharp shredded cheddar cheese, shredded (3 cups)
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- Brown kielbasa in 12-in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat (7-9 minutes). Transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Add bread crumbs (dash with salt and pepper) to now empty skillet and cook stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and wipe out skillet.
- Bring water, 1 ¼ cups of evaporated milk and ½ teaspoon salt to simmer in now-empty skillet over medium-high heat. Add pasta and cook, stirring often, until al dente, 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk remaining ¼ cup evaporated milk, hot sauce and cornstarch together in a bowl, then stir into pasta. Bring to simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Off heat, stir in cheddar, Monterey Jack and kielbasa. Sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs. Serve.
- Note: To make fresh bread crumbs, pulse one slice of bread in a food processor until coarsely ground. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Mac & Cheese & Kielbasa in Johnsonville® Sausage
Reviews for Skillet Mac & Cheese & Kielbasa(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review