Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and rinsed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown beef, onion and pepper; drain if necessary. Stir in spaghetti sauce, oregano and basil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. In a 10-in. skillet, spread 1/4 cup of the meat sauce. Top with three noodles, cutting to fit as needed. Layer with half of the remaining sauce and half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and Parmesan.
- 3. Cover and heat on medium for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and let stand for 10 minutes with cover ajar. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 395 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 842 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Lasagna
"This was very good. I used fresh mushrooms instead of sauce with mushrooms. I will make this again. I will try adding ricotta to see how that tastes. Overall tasty and family enjoyed it!"
"Absolutely wonderful dish. Took kinda long to pull it all together, but worth time and effort."
"I BROWN THE GROUND BEEF THE DAY BEFORE & ALSO SIMMER THE SAUCE THE DAY BEFORE, THAT CUTS THE TIME DOWN SOME WHAT. GREAT RECIPE!"
"My family really enjoy this dish"
"My family enjoyed this dish especially my 13-month-old son. The seasonings can easily be varied to suit your personal tastes. Of course, with cooking the lasagna noodles and cutting up the vegetables, this dish took me longer to make than 65 minutes. I will make it again, but probably not very often due to the amount of work and time it requires."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.