My husband loves this dish. It's easy, and helps promote the milk, cheese and beef products we produce on our farm. It makes a super supper...in one dish!
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and rinsed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef, onion and pepper; drain if necessary. Stir in spaghetti sauce, oregano and basil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
- In a 10-in. skillet, spread 1/4 cup of the meat sauce. Top with three noodles, cutting to fit as needed. Layer with half of the remaining sauce and half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and Parmesan.
- Cover and heat on medium for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and let stand for 10 minutes with cover ajar. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Lasagna in Country Extra January 1991, p47
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Skillet Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review