Skillet Lamb Chops
These mildly seasoned chops are so satisfying, particularly if you enjoy lamb for holiday dinners. Field editor Alpha Wilson of Roswell, New Mexico shares the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 lamb shoulder blade chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown lamb chops in oil. Add the remaining
- ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 30-35 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 288 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.