6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in butter over medium heat until
- no longer pink. Add the sausage, tomatoes, broth, green pepper and
- onion; bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, salt if desired and hot
- pepper sauce. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5
- minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.