Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread Recipe
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, jalapeno and bacon.
- 3. Pour into the skillet. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 342 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread
"This was a good moist cornbread. I left out the sugar. My husband and kids love sweet cornbread, but I don't like it."