Skillet Ham and Rice Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup instant rice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the ham, mushrooms, broth, water and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Gently fluff rice. Serve with green onions and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 341 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 1192mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Skillet Ham and Rice
"Easy meal to prepare."
"When my husband requested a "quick" dinner I turned to this favorite of ours. I used instant brown rice instead of white, just as tasty. It takes more liquid and slightly longer cook time with the brown rice. My mother-in-law substituted green beans in place of the mushrooms and that was equally as good. Great dish for "2" people!"