Skillet Ham and Rice Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup Minute® White Rice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the ham, mushrooms, broth, water and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Gently fluff rice. Serve with green onions and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 341 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,192 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.