"This homey stovetop dish is very quick to fix," relates Susan Zivec of Regina Saskatchewan. "Ham, rice and mushrooms make a tasty combination."
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup instant rice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the ham, mushrooms, broth, water and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Gently fluff rice. Serve with green onions and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Ham and Rice in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p59
Reviews for Skillet Ham and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review