Skillet-Grilled Catfish Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. Place a large cast-iron skillet on a grill rack over medium-hot heat. Melt butter in the skillet; add catfish. Grill, covered, for 5-10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (6 ounces) equals 222 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.