- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet on a grill rack over medium-hot heat. Melt butter in the skillet; add catfish. Grill, covered, for 5-10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Skillet-Grilled Catfish
"I followed the recipe exactly, using the lesser amounts of the peppers. It turned out great, but I may use 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper next time to turn up the heat a little. Also, I pan fried the fish using the full amount of butter instead of grilling. Yummy!"
"Use the full amount of butter or your fish will stick to the pan! This has a great flavor."