Skillet Franks Recipe
Kids will have as much fun helping make this all-in-one supper as they will have eating it! The noodles cook right in the skillet and it’s been a super-easy standby at Ruth Nolan’s home in San Jose, California for decades.
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the hot dogs, tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, marjoram, garlic, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil; add the noodles. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until noodles are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 385 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,445 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Franks
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC