Skillet Fish with Spinach
Tender fish fillets get a burst of flavor from seafood seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper. Paired with dressed-up spinach, this simple main course from our Test Kitchen is sure to impress!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle fillets with seafood seasoning. In a large skillet, cook
- fillets in oil and butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each
- side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet; cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or
- until tender. Add spinach and broth; cook 3-4 minutes longer or
- until spinach is heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve
- with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 219 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.