Skillet Fish with Spinach Recipe
- 4 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Sprinkle fillets with seafood seasoning. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil and butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add mushrooms to the skillet; cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and broth; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until spinach is heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 219 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Skillet Fish with Spinach
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.