Skillet Fish Dinner
This healthy recipe takes very little time. We enjoy it with a spinach salad and whole wheat rolls.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound cod, haddockor orange roughy fillets
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Hot cooked rice
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a skillet, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in oil until
- almost tender. Add tomatoes; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle
- with salt and pepper. Top with fish fillets and sprinkle with
- seafood seasoning. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Break fish into chunks. Cook about 3 minutes longer or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Serve over rice. Serve with hot pepper
- sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (calculated without rice and hot pepper sauce) equals 156 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.