This healthy recipe takes very little time. We enjoy it with a spinach salad and whole wheat rolls.
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound cod, haddockor orange roughy fillets
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Hot cooked rice
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a skillet, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in oil until almost tender. Add tomatoes; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with fish fillets and sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6 minutes. Break fish into chunks. Cook about 3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve over rice. Serve with hot pepper sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Fish Dinner in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p229
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Skillet Fish Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review