"Send your enchiladas!" urged my family when I was considering recipes to submit for this competition. This stovetop Mexican-style dish disappears fast when our two grown children and three grandchildren visit.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- Canola oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, enchilada sauce, milk
- and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20
- minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Dip each tortilla
- in hot oil for 3 seconds on each side or just until limp; drain on
- paper towels. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon
- olives. Roll up and place over beef mixture, spooning some of
- mixture over the enchiladas.
- Cover and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with