Skillet Enchiladas Recipe
"Send your enchiladas!" urged my family when I was considering recipes to submit for this competition. This stovetop Mexican-style dish disappears fast when our two grown children and three grandchildren visit.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- Canola oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, enchilada sauce, milk and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Dip each tortilla in hot oil for 3 seconds on each side or just until limp; drain on paper towels. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon olives. Roll up and place over beef mixture, spooning some of mixture over the enchiladas.
- 3. Cover and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 enchiladas.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC