Skillet Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- Canola oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, enchilada sauce, milk and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Dip each tortilla in hot oil for 3 seconds on each side or just until limp; drain on paper towels. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon olives. Roll up and place over beef mixture, spooning some of mixture over the enchiladas.
- Cover and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 enchiladas.
Reviews for Skillet Enchiladas(7)
Sort By :
We enjoyed this dish... next time, we're adding a little more spice. Thanks for the recipe!
My family has loved this recipe since we first got it off of a Better Homes and Gardens Recipe card in the early 1980's. Interesting how many great but unoriginal recipes you can find on this site.
Delicious, although I wish there was a way to soften the tortillas without oil.
Very easy and very delicious! Topped it with shredded lettuce and sour cream. Will definitely be making this recipe again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >