Skillet Enchilada Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook 1 pound of ground beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, enchilada sauce, milk and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another skillet, cook remaining beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Place about 1/4 cup taco-seasoned beef down the center of each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down over meat sauce in skillet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 512 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Enchilada
"Fantastic! Terrific flavor and easy to make."
"This is the recipe my Mom used to make. It is sooooooo darn good!!!"
"The recipe published in quick Cooking magazine calls for one envelope taco seasoning, which is not listed in the on-line recipe."
"taco seasoning is for tacos, enchilada sauce is for enchiladas"
"How much taco seasoning? It is not listed in the recipe."