"My family loves anything in a flour tortilla, and this is no exception," writes Regina Stock from Topeka, Kansas. "These meaty enchiladas are very each to fix," she adds.
- 2 pounds ground beef, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook 1 pound of ground beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, enchilada sauce, milk and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, cook remaining beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place about 1/4 cup taco-seasoned beef down the center of each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down over meat sauce in skillet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Enchiladas in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p10
Reviews for Skillet Enchilada
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review