Skillet Corn Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In another small bowl, beat the egg, milk and 3 teaspoons oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Heat remaining oil in a heavy 8-in. skillet over low heat. Pour batter into the hot skillet; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn and cook 4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Corn Bread
"I added onions and celery like my Mother use to and let the edges get crisp. Wonderful"