Skillet Corn Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In another small bowl, beat the egg, milk and 3 teaspoons oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Heat remaining oil in a heavy 8-in. skillet over low heat. Pour batter into the hot skillet; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn and cook 4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 127 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Skillet Corn Bread
"I added onions and celery like my Mother use to and let the edges get crisp. Wonderful"