Skillet Corn Bread Recipe
This skillet bread looks like a puffy pancake but has the easy-to-cut texture of conventional corn bread. It complements everything from chicken to chili. Kathy Teela of Tucson, Arizona submitted this yummy recipe.
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In another small bowl, beat the egg, milk and 3 teaspoons oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Heat remaining oil in a heavy 8-in. skillet over low heat. Pour batter into the hot skillet; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn and cook 4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Corn Bread in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p22
Reviews for Skillet Corn Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2012
I added onions and celery like my Mother use to and let the edges get crisp. Wonderful