- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 2 15.5oz can chickpeas
- 1 large clove garlic or 2 small cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup greens of choice (I used kale/spinach!)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 Eggland's Best eggs (large)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add broccoli florets to a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add greens, broccoli, chickpeas, and tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Add in garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and remaining olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Cook for about ten minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Break three Eggland's Best eggs over mixture. Do so carefully so that the yolk stays in tact to the membrane.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with fresh herbs of choice - I used cilantro. Yield: 5 servings
Originally published as Skillet Chickpeas and Broccoli Rice in Eggland's Best 2015
Reviews for Skillet Chickpeas and Broccoli Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review