I found this basic recipe in a package of chicken breasts purchased from the grocery store. I made changes because my husband and I like more sauce than the original recipe provided. For company, this dish can easily be doubled.
-Wandalean Reagan, Baltimore, Maryland
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Add onion; saute until
- tender. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt
- and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with
- rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 297 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,058 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 37 g protein.