- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, pepper and salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add olives, wine and, if desired, capers. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 2-3 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken with Olives
"Very easy to make and chicken was tender. Flavor was good but was too salty for us and my husband is a salt everything person. I like the flavor though so I think next time, I will skip the salt and the capers. Hubby wants me to try half black olives and half green. I'll see how it comes out."
"Excellent flavor, easy and fast. This is sure to be a regular at the table."