While I was visiting my cousin Lilliana in Italy, she made this heavenly chicken for lunch. Now it's a family favorite stateside, too. —Rosemarie Pisano, Revere, Massachusetts
Featured In: 23 Favorite Italian Recipes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, pepper and salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add olives, wine and, if desired, capers. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 2-3 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Chicken with Olives in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken with Olives
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2016
Reviewed May. 21, 2015
"Excellent flavor, easy and fast. This is sure to be a regular at the table."
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2015