Skillet Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Stir in the wine, butter, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 272 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
"So delicious and tender. The sauce was great over mashed potatoes!"
"Tender chicken. Served over rice with green beans. Husband loved it!"
"Easy to make and tasty. To spice it up, I add some cayenne pepper. My son love mushrooms, so I use fresh and triple the amount."
"This is a go to recipe. It has a wonderful flavor."
"I made this recipe using some leftover vinegar bbq chicken, it was delicious."
"Delicious and EASY!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.