Skillet Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Stir in the wine, butter, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 272 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Skillet Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
"So delicious and tender. The sauce was great over mashed potatoes!"
"Tender chicken. Served over rice with green beans. Husband loved it!"
"I used an already baked seasoned chicken . I cubed it. Since I wanted to make this a one pot meal, I added a can of corn. Family liked it and I will be making it again. It's a great way to use up left-over chicken or (turkey)."
"Easy to make and tasty. To spice it up, I add some cayenne pepper. My son love mushrooms, so I use fresh and triple the amount."
"The kids loved it and so did the adults. It was delicious. I did bread the chicken and cut it up into bite size pieces."
"This is a go to recipe. It has a wonderful flavor."
"The sauce was good, but the chicken came out dry and tasteless. I think next time I will coat the chicken with bread crumbs and oven-fry and make the sauce separate."
"I made this recipe using some leftover vinegar bbq chicken, it was delicious."
"Delicious and EASY!"
"Great - just made this for dinner with boneless skinless chicken breasts. Fantastic!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.