Skillet Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Stir in the wine, butter, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 272 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.