Skillet Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Stir in the wine, butter, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
Sort By :
"So delicious and tender. The sauce was great over mashed potatoes!"
"Tender chicken. Served over rice with green beans. Husband loved it!"
"I used an already baked seasoned chicken . I cubed it. Since I wanted to make this a one pot meal, I added a can of corn. Family liked it and I will be making it again. It's a great way to use up left-over chicken or (turkey)."
"Easy to make and tasty. To spice it up, I add some cayenne pepper. My son love mushrooms, so I use fresh and triple the amount."
"The kids loved it and so did the adults. It was delicious. I did bread the chicken and cut it up into bite size pieces."