- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup honey barbecue sauce
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add onion and red pepper to same pan; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until tender. Add barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken with Barbecue Onion
"Would make again. Loved it. Will make it with thighs next time."
"My family and I thought this recipe was really good. I like how quick and easy it was to put together and get on the table! And had good flavor it was a great way to sneak some vegetables in to my toddler."