Barbecue chicken is a sure bet with guests, but it’s also messy at times. My recipe lets you savor that flavor without a pile of napkins. —Evelyn Cleare, Miami, Florida
Featured In: Speedy Skillet Dinners
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup honey barbecue sauce
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add onion and red pepper to same pan; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until tender. Add barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Chicken with Barbecue Onion in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews for Skillet Chicken with Barbecue Onion
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2016
"Would make again. Loved it. Will make it with thighs next time."