Skillet Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium potaotes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter; cook chicken until chicken juices to run clear. Add onion and celery; cook for 3 minutes. Stir in potatoes and carrots.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the broth, thyme, ketchup and cornstarch; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 275 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.