Skillet Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium potaotes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; cook chicken until chicken juices to run clear. Add onion and celery; cook for 3 minutes. Stir in potatoes and carrots.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, thyme, ketchup and cornstarch; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken Stew(7)
Sort By :
Great Recipe. I added some poultry seasoning for a little extra flavor. My family requested this stew again.
This recipe was sooooo good! I doubled the broth recipe and let it cook a little longer. The potatoes were still a bit hard I like them a bit more tender but other than that I highly recommend. It's really easy and quick to make, plus I had all of the ingredients at hand.
Great for a fall day. I simmered it for 40 minutes and some carrots and potatoes were still aldente. Great flavor. I served it with fresh bread.
Excellent recipe that is easy to make.
The dish is a nice, healthy and fast alternative to regular stew. I make it all the time and my entire family loves it. I do make it with an entire can of chicken soup and a bit more flour though because we like it on the soupy side.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Stews >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >