Skillet Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/4 cups spaghetti sauce or tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Stir 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese into pasta sauce. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 10 minutes or until browned. Pour sauce mixture over chicken, turning to coat with sauce. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Top with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken Parmesan
"This was nice and easy...and delicious."
"I used thin-sliced breast fillets & added herbs & garlic powder to organic tomato sauce. It was much simpler than a baked chicken Parmesan I'd been making for over 30 years. A couple pieces were a little tough but I'd say, Thumbs Up!"
"I used boneless skinless chicken thighs. It was so good. I will make this again!"
"Yum, this is so filling and good, its hard to believe its healthy! Husband loved it, I didnt even need any sides to go w it thats how filling it was!"
"My husband has never raves so many times about any recipe I made in the 45 years we have been married! I changed it, once by accident and once out of necessity. I was in a hurry and dumped all the Parmesan into the sauce. But it thickened it and made it nice! I also added some Basil, Oregano, and Italian Seasoning. Then I realized I needed Mozzarella but only had cheddar. So I grated the Cheddar and it was FANTASTIC! It is now my husband's favorite dish and so easy to make!"
"Very easy to make & my family loved it!"