- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/4 cups spaghetti sauce or tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Stir 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese into pasta sauce. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 10 minutes or until browned. Pour sauce mixture over chicken, turning to coat with sauce. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Top with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken Parmesan
Sort By :
"This is a good basic recipe. I made it as written the first time and found the chicken to be a bit bland. Next time I made it I added fresh garlic, pepper and parm cheese to the chicken.. We enjoyed that much better"
"This was nice and easy...and delicious."
"I used thin-sliced breast fillets & added herbs & garlic powder to organic tomato sauce. It was much simpler than a baked chicken Parmesan I'd been making for over 30 years. A couple pieces were a little tough but I'd say, Thumbs Up!"
"I used boneless skinless chicken thighs. It was so good. I will make this again!"