- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Top each with a slice of ham and cheese; fold to fit. Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and paprika. Coat chicken with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side or no longer pink. Add grape juice and bouillon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cream and cornstarch until smooth. Gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu
Sort By :
"This was pretty yummy chicken! It took a bit longer to prepare then I expected, but everyone raved about it. Just make sure to double check and ensure the chicken is cooked through."
"I have made this recipe many times for my family and they all absolutely LOVE it!"
"YUCK! Did not like at all. Would have been better without the sauce."