Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
A dear friend from my high school days shared this recipe with me. You might think it sounds complicated to make, but it's quite easy once you've tried it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Top each with a slice of ham and cheese; fold to fit. Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and paprika. Coat chicken with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side or no longer pink. Add grape juice and bouillon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cream and cornstarch until smooth. Gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu in Country Extra May 2005, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review