This is a go-to dish when I'm in a rush to make dinner. Preparing them in the skillet not only saves time, it gives the burritos a crispy outside and ooey-gooey inside. —Scarlett Elrod, Newnan, Georgia
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Cooking spray
- Salsa, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, beans, corn, cheese, salt and 1/2 cup sour cream mixture. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Spritz both sides with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet or griddle coated with cooking spray, cook burritos in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with remaining sour cream mixture and salsa if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Chicken Burritos in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p50
Reviews for Skillet Chicken Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review