Skillet Chicken and Veggies
My mother-in-law and sisters-in-law put together a cookbook containing my husband's favorite meals when we got married. This stir-fry is one of the recipes in the book.—Annette Phillips, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, a
- few pieces at a time; remove from skillet and set aside. Discard all
- but 2 teaspoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender.
- Add soup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and oregano; stir until smooth.
- Add chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 30-40 minutes. Add zucchini and green beans; cover and simmer for 10
- minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 592 calories, 35 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 1,147 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 52 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.