- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, a few pieces at a time; remove from skillet and set aside. Discard all but 2 teaspoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add soup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and oregano; stir until smooth. Add chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Add zucchini and green beans; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Chicken and Vegetables in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p52
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Skillet Chicken and Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review