Skillet Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, garlic and basil in oil for 2-3 minutes or until garlic is tender. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, onion and peppers. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir the mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese into chicken mixture. Drain spaghetti; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 718 calories, 42 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken and Vegetables
"Love all the veggies--but it seems a little dry to me. any thoughts on how to improve the sauce?"
"Just make sure to add a little salt and pepper!We love it!"