Skillet Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
Sarah McClanahan regularly makes this dish for her family. "They love the flavor," she pens from Mansfield, Ohio. "Various vegetables can be substituted for the peppers, mushrooms and zucchini, depending of what you have on hand."
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, garlic and basil in oil for 2-3 minutes or until garlic is tender. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, onion and peppers. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir the mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese into chicken mixture. Drain spaghetti; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 718 calories, 42 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC