Skillet Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, garlic and basil in oil for 2-3 minutes or until garlic is tender. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, onion and peppers. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir the mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese into chicken mixture. Drain spaghetti; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Chicken and Vegetables in Country Woman September/October 2002, p40
Reviews for Skillet Chicken and Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2012
Love all the veggies--but it seems a little dry to me. any thoughts on how to improve the sauce?
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2011
Just make sure to add a little salt and pepper!
We love it!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >