Sarah McClanahan regularly makes this dish for her family. "They love the flavor," she pens from Mansfield, Ohio. "Various vegetables can be substituted for the peppers, mushrooms and zucchini, depending of what you have on hand."
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, garlic and basil in oil for 2-3 minutes or until garlic is tender. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, onion and peppers. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir the mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese into chicken mixture. Drain spaghetti; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Chicken and Vegetables in Country Woman September/October 2002, p40
Reviews for Skillet Chicken and Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2012
"Love all the veggies--but it seems a little dry to me. any thoughts on how to improve the sauce?"
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2011
"Just make sure to add a little salt and pepper!We love it!"